Airport City Manchester is one of the most exciting business destinations in development today.
The total planning area of Airport City Manchester comprises of approximately 5 million sq ft, with a total development value of £1billion. The site encompasses offices, advanced manufacturing and logistics facilities, along with hotels and retail.
The site encompasses offices, advanced manufacturing and logistics facilities, along with hotels and ancillary retail. Directly adjacent to Manchester Airport, it is perfectly positioned for business with the UK, Europe and the world.
It boasts unrivalled connectivity, and enables businesses to create a bespoke building in a high-specification, highly serviced environment. The surrounding areas also offer a desirable lifestyle for those who relocate, with outstanding residential, education and leisure facilities.
AIRPORT CITY TIMELINE
Airport City Manchester was launched in 2012 and has since attracted a number of high profile international companies. The £1billion landmark development, directly adjacent to Manchester Airport, is perfectly positioned for business with the UK, Europe and the world.Timeline
Why Airport City
- An established business hub with over 20,000 employees on site.
- A wide range of hotels available.
- An advanced manufacturing cluster and hybrid spaces.
- Unrivalled connectivity to Manchester, the UK & the world.
- Manchester Enterprise Zone status with a range of benefits for businesses.
- Shops, bars & restaurants.
- New offices to meet every requirement.
- A dedicated industrial & logistics park.
- Manchester lies at the geographical heart of Britain and is the fastest growing city outside London. With a GVA (Gross Value Added) of £51bn annually, Greater Manchester accounts for 40% of GVA generated in the North West.
- It is a springboard to the rest of Britain, with excellent rail and road links.
- Manchester is home to Europe’s largest university campus with 30,000 students graduating every year from three world-class institutions.
- Over 7.2million people (8% of the UK population) live in Manchester and the North West, accounting for 11% of UK GDP.
- It is already home to over 2,000 foreign enterprises, plus big UK names like the BBC at MediaCityUK – the largest purpose-built media location in Europe.
- Over 20million consumers are within a 2-hour drive – and more than 60% of the UK’s businesses.
- It is a centre of technological innovation and advanced manufacturing.
- It is home to Manchester Airport, which connects 20million passengers to 200 global destinations every year.
Economic and investment cooperation between China and the UK has produced fruitful results in recent years.China’s investment in the UK in the past three years is three times that of the past 30 years combined, with infrastructure being a highlight. Airport City Manchester is the first project to have materialised since our two countries signed an MoU on infrastructure cooperation in 2011. It is also the first major infrastructure project in the UK with the involvement of a Chinese company in the form of equity investment.
Whether you’re looking for a prestigious headquarters for your international business, or simply searching for a single floor of quality office space at one of the best connected business destinations in the world, we have the right solution for you.
Airport City Manchester is one of the most exciting business destinations in development today, and one of the most significant in the UK since the 2012 Olympic Park. It is also the first official project following on from the signing of the UK China MoU for infrastructure cooperation.